When you think "online mattress company" odds are the first one that comes to mind is Casper. Since its launch in 2014, millions of people have had their Casper mattress shipped directly to their door. But is Casper really a good mattress? Before you go out and purchase a new mattress, we've analyzed the construction and design, compared the different models, weighed the pros and cons, and given you an insight into what real Casper owners had to say.
Construction Of A Casper Mattress
Casper is an eco-conscious company—never using harmful materials, sticking to strict environmental standards, and building their mattress covers with recycled materials. Casper coined the "mattress-in-a-box" concept, and is one of the most popular mattress brands in the industry. Each of their mattresses feature a breathable foam layer (to keep you cool), a supporting middle layer (with Zoned Support™), and a durable base layer (choose springs or foam).
Casper Models Comparison Chart
There are 3 different Casper mattresses: Original, Nova Hybrid, and Wave Hybrid. Let's take a closer look at each model.
Original Casper Mattress
- Top Layer: Airscape™ breathable foam
- Middle Layer: 3-zoned support memory foam layer
- Base Layer: Durable foam or resilient springs (hybrid style)
- Cover: Up to 57 recycled bottles in each cover
- Top Layer: Airscape™ 2 breathable foam + additional foam layer
- Middle Layer: Airscape™ 2 breathable foam + additional foam layer
- Base Layer: Resilient springs
- Cover: Up to 70 recycled bottles in each cover
- Top Layer: Airscape™ 3 breathable foam + 2 additional foam layers + cooling gel
- Middle Layer: 3-zoned support memory foam layer + 4-zoned pro support memory foam layer + Gel Pods in the "center third"
- Base Layer: Resilient springs
- Cover: Up to 121 recycled bottles in each cover
Casper Pros And Cons
- Airscape™ layer keeps you cool all night long
- The zoned-support is great for all sleeper types (back, stomach, side)
- Little to no motion transfer
- Easy setup and maneuvering
- Takes time to break-in (starts firm)
- A bit costly, definitely an investment
Testimonials From Real Casper Owners
We've compiled reviews from real Casper owners ranging from 1 star to 5 stars, so you get an unbiased look at some of the positives and negatives customers have experienced.
- 1/5 rating: "Ever since sleeping on the Casper I've been experiencing discomfort with neck, shoulder and lower back pain, for a year."
- 2/5 rating: "We purchased The Casper in a king size. It felt good for the first couple of months but I do realize now that it is just too hard."
- 3/5 rating: "Ordering the mattress was very easy. I was able to get financing by putting down a down payment on it. After 5 years I still have the mattress; however, you cannot flip it so I feel like it is wearing out already. I am looking into a new mattress, the price is right for Casper but not the longevity."
- 4/5 rating: "The Casper Mattress is very soft, comfortable, good looking, durable and easy to wash. It has eye catching colors, competitive price and above all, easily available and long lasting. But there should be more options, lower prices and more choice of colors and texture."
- 5/5 rating: "Best and most comfortable mattress ever period. I couldn't go back. Seamless delivery. Excellent customer service. Very satisfied overall."
If you're looking to eliminate the middleman and try the popular "bed-in-a-box" concept, then Casper might just be the right choice for you. With Casper's 100-night trial and 10-year warranty, give them a try, tonight!
How To Choose The Right Mattress
If your current mattress is 7-10 years old and you're experiencing more body aches and pains, it's time to buy a new mattress. Getting a good night's sleep is essential to maintain a healthy body and mind. Choosing the right mattress doesn't have to be a hassle. Follow these guidelines to find the right one for you!
- Choose a mattress based on your individual needs. If you're looking for plushier support that adapts to your body's shape, a memory foam mattress is the best choice. If you want a more firm, traditional, feel an innerspring mattress is what you want. For the best of both worlds, get a hybrid mattress.
- Get proper lumbar support. The majority of your body weight is positioned in what is called the "center third" of the mattress. Find a mattress that has excellent lumbar support as it prevents and alleviates pain in the back and hips. If you are looking for extra support, Saatva's unique lumbar zone technology might be a best fit.
- Find a mattress with a long in-home trial. You want to be able to test your mattress over an extended period of time to really make sure this is the right one for you. Look for a company that offers a risk-free in-home sleep trial. IDLE Sleep offers a full 18-month trial (the longest in the industry).
For more helpful tips, read our short, well-researched 10 Best Mattresses of 2020, here. Our ultimate goal is to help you pick your perfect mattress online, today!
Where can I find a great, affordable mattress (in 2020)?
If you're searching for an affordable mattress that offers a wide range of comfort and pressure relief, we've compiled a list of mattresses for you to consider:
- Saatva Mattress - fantastic for all sleep positions, and is rated our Best Mattress of 2020.
- Idle Sleep - great for responsive pressure relief.
- Puffy - feels like you're sleeping on a cool cloud (at a good price).
- Ghostbed - beautiful, plush cover w/ aerated latex and healthy spinal alignment.
- Winkbeds - 3-stage back relief with free shipping and returns.
Read our short, well-researched 10 Best Mattresses of 2020, here. Our ultimate goal is to help you pick your perfect mattress online, today!