Cocoon by Sealy is a top-performing cooling, memory foam mattress for under $1,500. It's the best choice for someone who sleeps hot, wants memory foam, but is also on a budget. With Sealy's 100-night risk-free trial, what have you got to lose? Try the Cocoon mattress, today!
Consider Cocoon Mattress If...
- You're shopping for a short term solution. The Cocoon is an affordable option for those looking for a quality mattress while in a transition period. Maybe you’re moving to a new city, but aren’t quite ready to set down roots. This mattress offers affordably priced comfort.
- You prefer options. The Cocoon mattress is available in a firm and soft option. Stomach sleepers should consider the firm option (as it keeps your spine aligned), and side sleepers consider the soft option. The added transition layer in the medium-soft option allows you to sink further. This lets you receive greater pressure relief than its firmer counterpart.
- You tend to sleep hot. The Cocoon Chill has a special cooling cover made from a proprietary phase change material. This absorbs and dissipates heat for a cool-to-the-touch surface.
Avoid Cocoon Mattress If...
- You're not a fan of memory foam. If you prefer the feel of coils, this mattress isn't for you.
- You need extra support. This all-foam model supports less weight than innersprings.
Sealy claims on their website that they've created a perfect Medium-Soft mattress which feels like you're "in the bed". While also offering an Extra Firm model for a more “on the bed” feeling.
- The Cocoon Firm: The Cocoon Firm has an 8” high-density polyfoam base. We found it to be on the firm side ranking a 7.5/10 on the firmness scale. This is a great option for back and stomach sleepers who need a firmer supportive feel.
- The Cocoon Medium-Soft: In the Cocoon Soft the base layer is 6” of the same high-density foam but also includes 2" of transition polyfoam. We've ranked this a 6.5/10 on the firmness scale. The medium-soft firmness is ideal for sleepers who tend to switch positions frequently throughout the night. It gives you a little more sink than the previous bed, but you still get a little firmness for added support.
Construction Key Points
- The Cocoon mattress stands 10" tall.
- It has 3 foam layers.
- The Cocoon mattress comes in both a "classic" and "chill" version. Both have the same foam layers with the only change being the cover.
- Cover: Features a chill mattress cover that uses phase change materials to help with temperature regulation.
- Comfort Layer: The Cocoon's comfort layer consists of 2 inches of memory foam. Memory foam is known for its ability to contour to the body and provide pressure relief. In the soft version of this mattress the memory foam layer is immediately followed by a 2” polyfoam layer to allow sleepers to sink deeper.
- Base Layer: The Cocoon Firm has an 8” high-density polyfoam base. This layer is meant to support the sleeper, give the mattress its shape and act as the foundation for the construction as whole. In the Cocoon Soft the base layer is 6” of the same high-density foam.
Support & Motion Isolation
Sealy is a highly known and reputable brand that offers a warranty for all its mattresses.
Support is pretty evenly dispersed. Foam mattresses sometimes struggle to live up to the edge support of traditional innerspring mattresses but this one felt secure.
As a memory foam mattress, the Cocoon mattress absorbs movement and conforms to the shape of your body. If you toss and turn a lot in your sleep, this mattress helps to make sure you don't wake yourself or anyone next to you.
This mattress is perfect for hot-sleeping couples! The cooling properties of the cover help make sure that even while sleeping next to someone who's exuding body heat, you'll be able to sleep cool.
Returns & Warranty
Sealy is so confident in their mattress quality that they offer a 10-Year Full Replacement Limited Warranty. Buy without worrying about your mattress breaking down or losing shape.
You also get a 100-night trial period for the Cocoon mattress, allowing you a chance to try out the quality of the mattress for yourself.
Why Buy Cocoon Mattress?
- The Cocoon is a classic memory foam mattress at an affordable price. It pairs a memory foam comfort layer with a high-density base layer to create a firm feel for the sleeper. Combined with a solid design and affordable pricing it's an excellent choice for first-time memory foam buyers.
- The Cocoon mattress has great options depending on your sleeping type. The Cocoon Firm version does a good job of keeping your hips from sinking into the mattress and keeps your spine aligned. The Cocoon Medium-Soft if great for side and combination sleepers. It allows you to sink into the mattress a little while still providing firm support.
- The Cooling Cocoon Mattress comes with a cooling cover, that dissipates heat for a cool to the touch surface. Their premium stretch-knit cover has a proprietary phase change material to achieve its cooling properties.
Why Avoid Cocoon Mattress?
- The cocoon mattress is a classic memory foam mattress, so if you're not a fan of memory foam features this isn't the mattress for you. It's probably better to consider a different type of mattress if you're strictly a side-sleeper or need the extra support of innersprings.
- Some people may find that both types of Cocoon mattresses are too firm. If you're looking for a mattress on the soft side, stay away from the Cocoon mattress as it won't provide that "in the clouds" feeling you're searching for.
Cocoon Mattress is a great choice if you want an affordably priced cooling mattress. The foam mattress is also surprisingly comfortable. You can get 25% off the Cocoon Mattress, today!
Check out our Top 10 Mattress Picks of 2021, here!