Purple offers three different mattresses priced between $649 and $3798 depending on model and size. The Purple Grid™ shapes to your body and targets specific pressure points. It also sleeps cooler than traditional memory foam mattresses. If you're ready to experience a brand new technology, try Purple for 100 nights risk-free, today!
Purple price range
The Purple Mattress
The Purple Mattress is designed with a patented pressure releasing material called Hyper-Elastic Polymer™. Organized in a grid formation, this design is known as The Purple Grid™. The walls created in the grid allow the material to bend and fold depending on how much pressure it receives. It adapts to your body, while also keeping you cool.
- Starts at $649 for a Twin and goes up to $1498 for a Split King.
This mattress has the same features as the the original Purple Mattress, but they've added a new base layer of individually wrapped responsive-support coils to enhance overall comfort, responsiveness, and durability of the mattress.
- Starts at $1299 for a Twin XL and goes up to $2598 for a Split King.
Purple Hybrid Premier
This mattress has the same features as the previous two, with the added benefit of getting to decide how thick you want The Purple Grid™ to be. Choose between 3” of weightless support or 4” of zero gravity float.
- Starts at $1899 for a Twin XL and goes up to $3798 for a Split King.
Get Purple if...
- You're seeking versatility. The Purple Grid™ is designed to adapt and conform to all body types and every sleeper position.
- You're a hot sleeper. Hyper-Elastic Polymer™ is naturally cooler than memory foam, and the open-celled grid allows air to circulate and heat to dissipate so that you won't sleep hot.
- You want pressure relief. The mattress is designed to be soft and firm simultaneously, providing you with a cradling effect where you want, and a more sturdy feel where you need.
Skip Purple if...
- You're a traditionalist. Purple utilizes a material unlike anything else on the market, and if you're looking for a bed with a familiar feel, this may not be the right choice for you.
- You aren't a fan of the mattress-in-a-box concept. Purple ships their mattresses rolled and compressed in a box; it expands once opened.
- Grid formation allows air to flow freely, making this bed much cooler than traditional foam mattresses.
- Hypoallergenic and dust-mite resistant.
- Purple offers discounts to many groups, including healthcare workers, military members, first responders, truckers, students, and teachers.
- Feeling the Grid underneath takes some getting used to.
- The mattress is heavy (queen size weighs 110 pounds).
The Purple Mattress provides a medium feel, ranking 6/10 on the firmness level scale. This neutral comfort level is suitable for all sleeper positions (stomach, back, side). The Purple Hybrid is slightly firmer with its addition of responsive support coils. The Purple Hybrid Premier is marginally softer with its thicker layer of Purple Grid®.
Construction Key Points
- The Purple Mattress is 9.25" tall, Purple Hybrid is 11", and the Purple Hybrid Premier is either 12" or 13" (depending on how thick you want the Purple Grid™).
- Purple offers both foam and foam hybrid styles (all models feature a layer of the Purple Grid™).
- SoftFlex Cover. Designed to let you feel the full cool, no-pressure support of The Purple Grid™.
- The Purple Grid™. A 2" layer of the patented material to help give you spinal support, with pressure-relieving benefits all at the same time.
- Dual-layer Comfort Foam. At the core sits the soft and responsive comfort layer atop a firm, supportive layer. Purple is built to last, using high-density foam.
Support & Motion Isolation
The flexible design of the Purple Grid™ combined with layers of supportive foam absorbs movement incredibly well. The hybrid styles also do a great job at reducing motion transfer. In the Purple Hybrid and Hybrid Premier models, each individually wrapped coil is free to move independently. This ensures that movements on one side of the bed won't be felt on the other.
Reasons to Buy Purple
- If you're a back or stomach sleeper, the Purple Hybrid is a perfect match for you. The Purple Grid™ provides excellent pressure relief in the lumbar region, while the responsive coils lift and support your spine for healthy alignment.
- This is a great choice if you want to sleep cool. Because of the open grid design and 1,800+ air channels, you won't be sleeping hot.
- You get an entirely new feel, unlike anything else on the market. Hyper-Elastic Polymer™ feels soft where you want it and firm where you need it.
Reasons to Avoid Purple
- If you're on a budget, Purple may not be the right brand for you. Although we believe their mattresses provide a great value for the price, if you're looking to spend $500 or less, you should consider alternatives
- If you prefer a more traditional feeling mattress, Purple won't work for you. The Purple Grid™ feels unlike any other material. If you prefer a more familiar sleeping experience, opt for a more conventional mattress company.
Purple is an ideal choice if you want cooling comfort and superior pressure relief. You can get up to $150 off Purple, today!
Where can I find a great, affordable mattress (in 2023)?
If you're searching for an affordable mattress that offers a wide range of comfort and pressure relief, we've compiled a list of mattresses for you to consider:
- Saatva Mattress - fantastic for all sleep positions, and is rated our Best Mattress of 2023.
- Puffy - feels like you're sleeping on a cool cloud (at a good price).
- Cocoon - amazing pressure relief at an affordable price.
- Ghostbed - beautiful, plush cover w/ aerated latex and healthy spinal alignment.
- Winkbeds - 3-stage back relief with free shipping and returns.
Read our short, well-researched 10 Best Mattresses of 2023, here. Our ultimate goal is to help you pick your perfect mattress online, today!