Serta is the #1 leading mattress manufacturer in America, offering beds in a wide range of styles and comfort levels. But are Serta mattresses really that good? We say yes! We've analyzed the construction and design, compared the different models, weighed the pros and cons, and examined what real Serta owners had to say. Read our review to get deep insight before you buy!
Serta Mattress Construction
Serta is the #1 leading mattress manufacturer in the United States. Their goal is to provide a huge inventory of mattresses in every style and feel, at price points everyone can enjoy. Today, they have several collections including Perfect Sleeper®, iComfort® Foam, iComfort® Hybrid, and iSeries®. While each line has multiple models with various specs and qualities, all Serta mattresses include a:
- Top Layer: Each style has a firm, comfort-firm, plush, or pillow top cover made out of soft cotton fibers.
- Middle Layer: A cooling gel memory foam layer in combination with supportive polyfoam.
- Bottom Layer: A dense foam base layer for added stability. In hybrid styles, this layer consists of individually wrapped coils.
Serta Models Comparison Chart
There are 4 Serta collections to choose from: Perfect Sleeper®, iComfort® Foam, iComfort® Hybrid, and iSeries®. Here's a detailed summary of each mattress line.
Serta Pros and Cons
- Wide range of models and styles to choose from
- Well-known, reliable brand
- Great for pressure-relief and support
- Charges extra for delivery and setup
- Offers fewer innovative and technically advanced features than some other mattress brands
- iSeries® is only available for purchase in-store
Testimonials From Real Serta Owners
We've compiled reviews from real Serta owners ranging from 1 star to 5 stars, so you get an unbiased look at some of the positives and negatives customers have experienced.
- 1/5 rating: "We have had nothing but trouble with Serta mattresses over the past five years. Every one has collapsed, and we're both under 200 pounds, so they should not be collapsing under us."
- 2/5 rating: "Bought top of the line, over $3,000 before sale, queen mattress set. In less than 3 years the side collapsed from sitting on edge to put on my shoes. I'm 6' 2" & weigh 240 lbs. This should never have happened."
- 3/5 rating: "When we purchased this mattress it was (and is) good quality, reasonably priced and the delivery was excellent. The downside is that the mattress has a memory and in the 5 years we have had it is learned our bodies. This mattress is good for a short term but not a 10 or 20 year mattress."
- 4/5 rating: "It is an amazing mattress but the cost is hard to handle. The comfort level is the best I have ever had. Both myself and my spouse are very comfortable and the sleep that we are able to get makes getting up in the morning so much better."
- 5/5 rating: "Our Serta mattress has lasted already over ten years... It looks brand new, even after all this time. The springs don't freak, nothing pokes through, the seams are all holding together perfectly. Excellent, long-term quality."
If you're looking for a tried and true brand with many different styles to choose from, then Serta is the right choice for you. Try out Serta's 120-night trial and 10-year warranty, tonight!
How To Choose The Right Mattress
First off, if your current mattress is 7-10 years old and you're experiencing more body aches and pains, it's time to buy a new mattress. Getting a good nights sleep is essential in maintaining a healthy body and mind. Choosing the right mattress doesn't have to be a hassle, follow these guidelines to find the right one for you!
- Choose a mattress based on your individual needs. If you're looking for plushier support that adapts to your body's shape, a memory foam mattress is the best choice. If you want a more firm, traditional, feel an innerspring mattress is what you want. For the best of both worlds, get a hybrid mattress.
- Get proper lumbar support. The majority of your body weight is positioned in what is called the "center third" of the mattress. Find a mattress that has excellent lumbar support as it prevents and alleviates pain in the back and hips. If you are looking for extra support, Saatva's unique lumbar zone technology might be a best fit.
- Find a mattress with a long in-home trial. You want to be able to test your mattress over an extended period of time to really make sure this is the right one for you. Look for a company that offers a risk-free in-home sleep trial. IDLE Sleep offers a full 18-month trial (the longest in the industry).
For more helpful tips, read our short, well-researched 10 Best Mattresses of 2020, here. Our ultimate goal is to help you pick your perfect mattress online, today!