Launched in 2012, Tuft & Needle is one of the most popular and highly rated online mattress companies. Their innovative T&N Adaptive® foam features graphite and cooling gels. It's breathable, supportive, and keeps cool. Try it for yourself with their 100-night risk-free trial (with free returns), today!
Get Tuft & Needle if...
- You want a supportive mattress. The Tuft & Needle Adaptive Foam® contours to your body, while the open-cell structure provides a flexible sleep surface that adjusts to you as you move throughout the night.
- You're a hot sleeper. In addition to the breathable open-cell foam, graphite and cooling gel in the T&N Adaptive® foam pulls your body heat away from you and disperse it out the mattress's sides.
- You want a brand with a positive reputation. Half a million people have tried Tuft & Needle mattresses, and 95% have kept theirs after the in-home sleep trial.
Skip Tuft & Needle if...
- You sleep predominately on your side. The Tuft & Needle mattresses land on the firmer side of the scale, and may not be ideal for alleviating pressure on the neck and shoulders.
- You need extra support. The all-foam models tend to not support heavier people like innersprings can.
- You aren't a fan of the mattress-in-a-box concept. Tuft & Needle ships their mattress rolled and compressed in a box; it expands once opened.
- Mattresses are virtually noiseless
- Much cooler than traditional foam mattresses
- Tuft & Needle offers an in-home delivery and setup option
- No handles for moving or lifting
- Poor edge support
Tuft & Needle offers 3 mattress models:
- The Original is built with 2 layers of foam and ranks about a 7/10 on the firmness scale.
- The Mint has 3 thick layers of foam and is slightly softer in feel ranking 6/10 on the firmness scale.
- The Hybrid is built with 6 layers of foam and coils and ranks 6.5/10 on the firmness scale.
Construction Key Points
- The Original stands 10" tall, while the Mint and Hybrid are 12".
- Mattresses are built with their exclusive T&N Adaptive® foam, polyfoam, and NanoCoils®.
- Tuft & Needle Adaptive® foam is different than most other foams in that it's infused with cooling gel and graphite to wick moisture and heat away from your body as you sleep.
Support & Motion Isolation
Both the Original and Mint models are constructed with varying layers of foam that isolate motion exceptionally well. The Hybrid still does great, but due to the coils in the base, you may feel a little more bounce and motion than the all-foam collection.
What Makes Tuft & Needle Stand Out?
- If you're a back sleeper, the Original model is a perfect match for you. The 2-layer foam construction provides a firmer feel that relieves pressure and keeps your spine aligned.
- This is a great choice if you want to sleep cool. Because of the plush breathable cover and graphite-infused T&N Adaptive® foam, heat is drawn away from your body and circulated out of the mattress so you won't be sleeping hot.
- Whether you prefer all-foam or need the extra support of springs, Tuft & Needle provides you with both styles, so you can find what suits you best.
Tuft & Needle is an ideal choice if you want cooling, supportive comfort at an affordable price. Their mattresses are also surprisingly comfortable. You can get 30% off Tuft & Needle, today!
Where can I find a great, affordable mattress (in 2021)?
If you're searching for an affordable mattress that offers a wide range of comfort and pressure relief, we've compiled a list of mattresses for you to consider:
- Saatva Mattress - fantastic for all sleep positions, and is rated our Best Mattress of 2021.
- Idle Sleep - great for responsive pressure relief.
- Puffy - feels like you're sleeping on a cool cloud (at a good price).
- Ghostbed - beautiful, plush cover w/ aerated latex and healthy spinal alignment.
- Winkbeds - 3-stage back relief with free shipping and returns.
Read our short, well-researched 10 Best Mattresses of 2021, here. Our ultimate goal is to help you pick your perfect mattress online, today!