As of April 2018, Tuck Mattress is no longer in business. Per their website they have taken an opportunity to merge with another company. They're no longer offering any of their mattresses.
While Tuck is no longer available, our best mattress pick Saatva, shares many benefits and features that Tuck mattress seekers might enjoy!
Tuck prides itself on creating mattresses designed just for you. They utilize a wide variety of materials including memory foam, latex, and pocketed coils. Take Tuck's short questionnaire to construct your personalized mattress, today!
Consider Tuck If...
- You love options. Tuck offers a mattress engineered specifically for you. Take their short questionnaire to see which mattress construction is best for you.
- You sleep with a partner. If you and your partner have different sleeping preferences, Tuck allows you to build a bed (Queen size and up) with a different construction on each side.
- You sleep hot. Tuck uses copper-infused gel memory foam and pocketed coils that work to regulate temperature and promote continuous airflow. The result? You sleep cooler all night long.
Avoid Tuck If...
- You're on a budget. If you're looking to spend less than $500 on a mattress, Tuck is out of this price range.
- You aren't a fan of the mattress-in-a-box concept. Tuck ships all their mattresses rolled and compressed in a box; it expands once opened. If you prefer a better shipping model, Saatva offers free white glove delivery. Their mattresses are never put in a box.
Tuck mattresses are tailored just for you. This means that their beds range from ultra-plush to extra-firm depending on your submitted online questionnaire. Here's an overview of the different firmness options and which type of sleeper they're best for.
- Extra Firm. These beds are 9-10/10 on the firmness scale. They provide rigid support with solid construction. They're a great option for stomach and back sleepers who need extreme stability.
- Firm. These beds are 7-8/10 on the firmness scale. They feature a dense construction but with a slight give. They're great for stomach and back sleepers who want firm support with some slightly softer comfort.
- Medium. These beds are 5-6/10 on the firmness scale. This is a universally appealing comfort level for back, side, and combination sleepers.
- Plush. These beds are 3-4/10 on the firmness scale. They typically are constructed with multiple layers of cushioning, making these mattresses fairly thick. This soft feel is great for side sleepers who need pressure relief for their hips and shoulders.
- Ultra-Plush. The softest bed option, these mattresses are 1-2/10 on the firmness scale. They're made from only the softest materials available. They're great for side sleepers and those who love to sink into their mattress rather than sleep on top.
Construction Key Points
- Tuck mattresses vary in height depending on your tailored construction.
- Cover: Made of a blend of rayon and polyester. It allows the mattress to breath. Tuck covers also uses a type of yarn called Repreve, which is composed of recycled water bottles.
- Comfort Layer: This varies depending on your personalized mattress, but can consist of either memory foam, latex, and polyfoam.
- Microcoils: Beneath the comfort layer is a set of microcoils. They work in conjunction with your comfort layer to provide even more pressure relief. It also gives the mattress bounce so you can easily switch positions without feeling stuck.
- Support Layer: The support layer can consist of a thick, dense polyfoam or a set of pocketed coils. It depends on whether you prefer an all-foam bed or a hybrid style.
- Base Layer: If you're mattress is a hybrid style, a thin layer of polyfoam is placed underneath the pocketed coil system to provide stability.
Support & Motion Isolation
If you sleep with a partner, you're going to want a mattress that has good motion isolation so your sleep isn't disturbed. While the Tuck mattress does a fairly decent job at reducing motion transfer due to the layers of polyfoam and memory foam, you're likely to feel some bounce due to the coils.
If you want virtually no motion transfer, we recommend the Loom & Leaf by Saatva. It's made of ultra-premium memory foam that absorbs movement incredibly well.
Returns & Warranty
Tuck offers a very quirky, unconventional sleep trial and warranty. All their mattresses come with a sleep trial of 145 days, 12 hours, and 53 seconds. Their mattresses are backed by an 11-year, one month, and one day warranty.
If that sounds too complicated, choose Saatva! They offer an easy-to-remember 120-night sleep trial and 15-year non-prorated warranty.
Why Buy Tuck?
- Most people seek a Tuck mattress because of its customizable comfort. Although Tuck is no longer selling their mattresses, Saatva is a brand we have ranked as our #1 mattress pick of 2021. Not only do they offer a wide range of mattresses, their Solaire Mattress allows you to set your firmness level with over 50 different options! Plus, Saatva uses only high-quality materials for an overall luxury sleeping experience.
- Tuck mattresses sleep cool, a feature shared by a number of Saatva mattresses. The Saatva Classic (our best mattress pick) sleeps very cool. They use a breathable dual-coil construction and soft organic cotton to help regulate the mattress' temperature.
- Tuck mattresses are a great option for couples. The decent motion isolation and excellent edge support (features also shared by Saatva) are two things critical for every mattress shared by a couple.
Why Avoid Tuck?
- If you're looking for a value mattress priced under $500, Tuck isn't the right brand for you.
- Tuck ships their mattresses to your door in a box. If you prefer in-home delivery and setup, try Saatva's free white glove delivery. (They even provide an old mattress removal option)
Where can I find a great, affordable mattress (in 2021)?
If you're searching for an affordable mattress that offers a wide range of comfort and pressure relief, we've compiled a list of mattresses for you to consider:
- Saatva Mattress - fantastic for all sleep positions, and is rated our Best Mattress of 2021.
- Idle Sleep - great for responsive pressure relief.
- Puffy - feels like you're sleeping on a cool cloud (at a good price).
- Ghostbed - beautiful, plush cover w/ aerated latex and healthy spinal alignment.
- Winkbeds - 3-stage back relief with free shipping and returns.
Read our short, well-researched 10 Best Mattresses of 2021, here. Our ultimate goal is to help you pick your perfect mattress online, today!