The Sleep Number x12 mattress has been discontinued and is no longer in production. If you had your heart set on the x12 model, there's some good news! While there was never a direct replacement made for the x12, Sleep Number's m7 shares many benefits and features that x12 seekers might enjoy! Below is a review of Sleep Number x12's closest alternative, m7, to give you a better insight whether or not this is the right mattress for you!
However, if you're completely undecided on which type of mattress is going to work for you, check out our Top 10 mattress picks of 2021! Our #1 best mattress pick, Saatva, is a luxury hybrid that gives you the best of both of world's (an excellent choice for undecided folk).
Sleep Number has been revolutionizing air mattresses for over three decades. They've designed Smart Beds that put you in control of your sleep. While the x12 has been discontinued, the m7 model is a very close alternative. Like the x12, it's the only bed that combines cooling memory foam with all the benefits Sleep Number is known for, including SleepIQ® technology. Try the m7 for 100 nights risk-free, today!
Get Sleep Number x12's alternative, m7 if...
- You love memory foam. Just like the x12, the m7 provides exceptional pressure-relieving capabilities with a 5" combination of cooling memory foam and comfort layers. If you enjoy the contouring, slow-responsive nature of memory foam, this bed is for you.
- You sleep with a partner. The m7 comes with built-in dual-sided adjustability, so you and your partner can choose your own firmness levels.
- You sleep hot. The temperature balancing sleep surface absorbs excess heat and releases it as you cool so you sleep comfortable all night long.
Skip Sleep Number x12's alternative, m7 if...
- You want to keep things simple. The m7 model requires the use of either the Sleep IQ® mobile app or Sleep Number remote to control the firmness level. If you aren't particularly tech saavy, this might not be the right choice for you.
- You're on a budget. While not the most expensive Sleep Number model available, it certainly isn't cheap. The addition of memory foam and cooling capabilities make this a great investment for some! If you're looking to spend $1000 or less, this isn't the right mattress for you.
- Just like the x12, the m7 features dual-sided adjustability, ideal for couples who prefer different firmness levels
- Effortlessly responds to your body and automatically adjusts accordingly
- Since the x12's discontinuation, the m7 is now the only Sleep Number model with a thick layer of memory foam
- A bit pricey, definitely an investment (however, much more affordable than the x12's hefty $8000 price tag!)
Like the x12, the m7 Smart Bed is adjustable to your preferred firmness level with Sleep Number settings ranging from 1 (softest) to 100 (firmest).
The m7 model comes with a 4" cooling memory foam layer atop a 1" gel-infused comfort layer for superior pressure relieving qualities. The air chambers allow you to adjust the firmness levels to your desired setting (whether that's sink-in soft or no-pushback firm).
Construction Key Points
- The Sleep Number m7 is 11" tall.
- Cover - A blend of rayon and polypropylene fabrics with a soft fiberfill material sewn directly into the cover for nice, breathable comfort.
- Comfort Layer - 4" of cooling memory foam combined with a 1" gel-infused comfort layer provides luxurious pressure-relieving support.
- Air Chambers - Depending on the size, the m7 is built with either single or dual-sided air chambers. The chambers are connected to a 4-foot long pump (hidden within the mattress) that inflates or deflates your mattress based on your specifications.
Support & Motion Isolation
The 4" thick layer of cooling memory foam allows you to sink into the bed for superior pressure point relief. It's also one of the best materials at absorbing movement. Memory foam combined with two separate air chambers, one on each side of the mattress, means the m7 performs incredibly well at isolating motion. Any motion stays on individual sides of the bed.
Reasons to Buy Sleep Number x12's alternative, m7
- If you sleep with a partner, this bed is a perfect solution. The Queen size and up comes with 2 air chambers (one on each side) that allows you and your partner to adjust your side to your personal comfort level.
- This is a great choice for people who tend to sleep hot. The Sleep Number m7 keeps quite cool as it's constructed with a thick layer of cooling memory foam. Plus, its temperature balancing technology ensures heat isn't trapped in the mattress.
- If you love the slow-responsiveness of memory foam, the m7 is perfect for you. If you were sold on the x12's superior pressure-relieving support, it's worth noting that the m7 is now the only Sleep Number model that contains a thick layer of memory foam so you can sink-in and feel "hugged," just like with the x12.
Where can I find a great, affordable mattress (in 2021)?
If you're searching for an affordable mattress that offers a wide range of comfort and pressure relief, we've compiled a list of mattresses for you to consider:
- Saatva Mattress - fantastic for all sleep positions, and is rated our Best Mattress of 2021.
- Idle Sleep - great for responsive pressure relief.
- Puffy - feels like you're sleeping on a cool cloud (at a good price).
- Ghostbed - beautiful, plush cover w/ aerated latex and healthy spinal alignment.
- Winkbeds - 3-stage back relief with free shipping and returns.
Read our short, well-researched 10 Best Mattresses of 2021, here. Our ultimate goal is to help you pick your perfect mattress online, today!