Sleep Number is a top-performing mattress brand. It's the best choice for couples who need different types of support when they sleep. With Sleep Number's 100-night risk-free trial and a 15 year warranty, what have you got to lose? Try a Sleep Number Bed, today!
Consider Sleep Number If...
- You're shopping for a bed that adjusts to your needs. No two people sleep the same. Sleep Number allows you to control the level of firmness of your bed so you and your sleep partner rest well.
- You prefer good edge support. Sleep Number Beds are air mattresses which are known for providing great edge support. This is because of the foam walls they incorporate around the edges.
- You're a hot sleeper. Sleep Number has a temperature balancing sleep surface for its Innovation Series and Memory Foam models.
Avoid Sleep Number If...
- You need extra support. Sleep Number beds tend to support less weight than an innerspring mattress.
- You don't want to rely on an app or technology for your bed. While Sleep Number has a solid reputation for quality, it's possible for things to go wrong. Reports of remotes getting stuck on "error", or air loss issues occasionally happen. If you want to keep things simple, look for a standard bed.
Sleep Number Beds adjust to your level of comfort and desired firmness.
- Classic Series: The Classic series has dual adjustability, Responsive Air® technology, and SleepIQ® technology. You control how soft or firm your bed is so we aren't able to rank this on our firmness scale.
- Performance Series: Has dual adjustability, Responsive Air® technology, SleepIQ® technology, plus Enhanced pressure-relief. The performance series has enhanced pressure-relieving comfort.
- Innovation Series: Has dual adjustability, Responsive Air® technology, SleepIQ® technology, enhanced pressure-relief, and a temperature balancing sleep surface. The Innovation series combines pressure-relieving support and cooling technology.
- Cooling Memory Foam: Cooling memory foam meets Sleep Number adjustability. Features dual adjustability, Responsive Air® technology, SleepIQ® technology, enhanced pressure relief, and a temperature balancing sleep surface.
Construction Key Points
- Sleep Number beds are 8-13" thick.
- It has 2 layers.
- Sleep Number beds adjust to your desired firmness.
- Cover: Sleep Number 360® c2 Smart Bed has a soft fiberfill sewn into a thin layer right above the air chambers.
- Comfort Layer: Sleep Number 360® c2 Smart Bed has a 2" gel-infused comfort layer is a great balance of comfort and proactive support.
- Base Layer: The base is made of air chambers that connect to a pump. The pump inflates or deflates your mattress depending on your Sleep Number setting.
Support & Motion Isolation
The Sleep Number 360® c2 Smart Bed ensures you’ll be supported well and won’t feel like you’re about to fall off. The c2 is known for having great edge support due to four foam border walls that are part of the bed. This feature in particular is consistent with all Sleep Number beds.
The Sleep Number 360® c2 Smart Bed has little to no motion transfer. It's described as feeling sturdy and stable.
Sleep Number Beds are an excellent choice for couples. They allow you to adjust each side to each person's specific firmness needs. Aside from this, the low motion transfer and good edge support make it ideal for couples too.
Returns & Warranty
Sleep Number is confident in their mattress quality, so they offer a 10-Year Limited Warranty. Buy without worrying about your mattress breaking down or losing shape.
You also get a 100-night trial period for all Sleep Number mattresses, allowing you a chance to try out the quality of the mattress for yourself.
Why Buy A Sleep Number Bed?
- If you're looking for an affordable and durable option. Sleep Number Beds are known to last and are available in affordable pricing.
- Stay cool with Sleep Number beds. Some models contain a temperature balancing sleep surface.
- You have a sleep partner and are looking for good motion transfer and edge support. Sleep Number beds have 4 foam walls around the edges which provide substantial edge support. Motion transfer is almost non-existent.
Why Avoid A Sleep Number Bed?
- Some people need extra support. Air mattresses support less weight than an innerspring mattress.
- Technology is finicky. If you're afraid to rely on an app or other technologies for your bed, consider a standard mattress instead.
Where can I find a great, affordable mattress (in 2021)?
If you're searching for an affordable mattress that offers a wide range of comfort and pressure relief, we've compiled a list of mattresses for you to consider:
- Saatva Mattress - fantastic for all sleep positions, and is rated our Best Mattress of 2021.
- Idle Sleep - great for responsive pressure relief.
- Puffy - feels like you're sleeping on a cool cloud (at a good price).
- Ghostbed - beautiful, plush cover w/ aerated latex and healthy spinal alignment.
- Winkbeds - 3-stage back relief with free shipping and returns.
Read our short, well-researched 10 Best Mattresses of 2021, here. Our ultimate goal is to help you pick your perfect mattress online, today!