While the Sertapedic Brookstone Gel mattress has been discontinued, you can still get an affordable gel memory foam mattress in the Serta EZ Tote. It's incredibly similar to the Brookstone Gel mattress as it's also designed with two gel foam layers, has a firm feel, and is budget-friendly. Try the Serta EZ Tote for 120-nights, today!
Get the Sertapedic Brookstone Gel's replacement, Serta EZ Tote if...
- You're looking for an affordable mattress. Whether you're shopping for your guest room or child, you can comfortably furnish your home with the Serta EZ Tote mattress. It's priced under $500 for most sizes, making it a budget-friendly option.
- You want quality you can trust. Serta has been a trusted household name for over eight decades. Their mattresses (including the Serta EZ Tote) are made 100% in America, adhering to top industry manufacturing standards.
- You love memory foam. If you love the contouring, "sink-in" feel only memory foam can provide, look no further than the Serta EZ Tote mattress. It's designed with a layer of Serta Gel Memory Foam that's slow-responsive and great at pressure relief.
Skip the Sertapedic Brookstone Gel's replacement, Serta EZ Tote if...
- You need a soft mattress. Whether you sleep predominately on your side or just prefer a plush feel, the Serta EZ Tote isn't the right mattress for you. It has a medium-firm feel ideal for stomach and back sleepers.
- Ships free
- 120-night risk-free trial
- Built-in cooling capabilities
- Incredibly affordable
- Manufactured from a trusted brand
- Too firm for side sleepers
- Not supportive enough for heavier-set individuals
The Serta EZ Tote is designed with two distinct foam layers and comes in a medium-firm feel. It ranks a 7/10 on the firmness scale and is ideal for back and stomach sleepers.
Construction Key Points
- The Serta EZ Tote mattress is 8" tall.
- Serta Gel Memory Foam: This 2" layer utilizes gel technology that contours around your body for superior pressure point relief. It also allows ample airflow to move throughout the mattress, keeping you cool while you sleep.
- Serta Foam Core: The base of this mattress is constructed with a 6" layer of Serta's (new) Foam Core. It's extra firm to provide stability for the entire mattress, including the edges.
Support & Motion Isolation
Memory foam is known for its excellent motion isolating abilities, so it's no surprise that the Serta EZ Tote performs exceptionally well in this area. With a layer of gel memory foam atop a firm foam support core, motion is absorbed quickly and prevented from transferring throughout the entire mattress. This makes it an ideal choice for couples, especially if one partner is a very active sleeper.
As for edge support, it's not terrible, but it's also not the best. The 6" foam supportive base is firm enough to provide some stability around the edges of the bed, but you'll likely experience some slight dipping when lying or sitting on the perimeters for extended periods of time. If you need added durability, opt for a hybrid or innerspring mattress instead.
Reasons to Buy the Sertapedic Brookstone Gel's replacement, Serta EZ Tote
- You need a mattress with temperature regulating qualities. If you tend to sleep hot, memory foam typically isn't the best type of mattress for you. However, the Serta EZ Tote is built with a 2" layer of Gel Memory Foam, which allows air to flow through easily keeping you cool all night long.
- You sleep on your back or stomach. Back and stomach sleepers need a mattress that's going to keep them from bending too far into the mattress, throwing their spine out of alignment. If these are the positions you sleep most often in, the firm feel of the Serta EZ Tote is a perfect choice. It keeps your spine in perfect alignment so you won't wake up in pain.
- You love the mattress-in-a-box concept. Serta ships the EZ Tote mattress in their smallest carton (to date) directly to your door. This means it's easy for you to carry, open, and handle. Simply open up the box and watch your mattress expand. Assembly is as easy as that!
Reasons to Avoid the Sertapedic Brookstone Gel's replacement, Serta EZ Tote
- You're a heavier-set person. The Serta EZ Tote mattress is made up of two memory foam layers and is only 8" thick. While this can work for most people, if you're a larger individual, it may not be durable enough to withstand extra weight. A better alternative is a hybrid or innerspring mattress, as a coil base is much better at handling above-average weights than foam alone.
The Serta EZ Tote is an ideal choice if you want a mattress that's similar to the discontinued Sertpedic Brookstone Gel mattress in terms of price, construction, and quality. You can get the Serta EZ Tote for a great price, today!
Check out our Top 10 Mattress Picks of 2022, here!
Where can I find a great, affordable mattress (in 2022)?
If you're searching for a healthy, affordable mattress that's comfortable, relieves pressure, and has friendly policies; check out these 5 (in 2022):
- Saatva Mattress - fantastic for all sleep positions, and is rated our Best Mattress of 2022.
- Amerisleep - great for responsive pressure relief.
- Puffy - feels like you're sleeping on a cool cloud (at a good price).
- Ghostbed - beautiful, plush cover w/ aerated latex and healthy spinal alignment.
- Winkbeds - 3-stage back relief with free shipping and returns.
Read our short, well-researched 10 Best Mattresses of 2022, here. Our ultimate goal is to help you pick your perfect mattress online, today!