Please Note: The Serta Walnut Creek mattress has been discontinued. If you were interested in this mattress, the Serta iComfort mattress is very similar. Read our review on this alternative mattress below.
If you're looking for a mattress similar to the discontinued Serta Walnut Creek mattress, the Serta iComfort mattress is a great alternative. This memory foam model provides deep pressure relief and temperature control with gel and carbon infused foams. Try it yourself with Serta's 120-night risk-free trial, today!
Get the Serta Walnut Creek mattress replacement, the Serta iComfort mattress if...
- You like customizing your mattress's features. The Serta iComfort lets you customize your cooling and pressure relief features, so you can fine tune your new mattress to suit your sleep needs.
- You need temperature control. The iComfort features Carbon Fiber memory foam and EverCool Fuze Gel memory foam, which pull excess heat away from your body to create a cooler, more comfortable sleep environment.
- You need a trial period before committing to your new mattress. If you need more than a few weeks to make sure your new mattress is right for you, the Serta iComfort is a great choice. It includes an 120-night sleep trial, so you'll have plenty of time to decide whether you've made the right choice.
Skip the Serta Walnut Creek mattress replacement, the Serta iComfort mattress if...
- You're on a budget. While the customization options are great for many, they add up quickly. This relatively affordable mattress's price skyrockets by thousands of dollars by adding the Max Cooling and Pressure Relief options, so buyer beware!
- Temperature regulating foams
- Motion isolating
- Customization available
- 120-night sleep trial
- 10 year warranty
- Doesn't ship outside of the contiguous US
- Isn't budget friendly
The Serta iComfort mattress is available in a plush firmness level, optimal for side and combination sleepers looking for shoulder and hip pressure relief. If you like superior cushioning and feeling more "in" your mattress than "on" it, the Serta iComfort caters to this preference.
Construction & Design
- The Serta iComfort is 10" tall.
- Cold Touch Cover: The iComfort's breathable knit cover creates a cool-to-the-touch sensation to control your temperature and promote airflow.
- Carbon Fiber Memory Foam: This memory foam layer uses carbon fiber to pull excess heat away from the body while providing pressure relief to your neck and back.
- EverCool Fuze Gel Memory Foam: This gel infused memory foam layer provides additional cooling while cradling common pressure points like your hips and shoulders.
Support & Motion Isolation
The Serta iComfort is an all-foam model made with quality memory foam layers, so it performs pretty well at motion isolation. Without any spring system to generate unwanted bounce, the memory foam and foam layers provide isolated support and comfort, while the bottom layers absorb excess motion, leaving the other side of the bed relatively undisturbed.
Unfortunately, the Serta iComfort has no defined edge support system. Without proper edge support, the iComfort could sag over time and create that dreaded roll-off feeling. It could also be less durable than mattresses with proper edge support, like all Saatva models.
Reasons to Buy the Serta Walnut Creek mattress replacement, the Serta iComfort mattress
- You sleep on your side. If you sleep on your side, the iComfort's plush firmness level is suited well to your sleep style. The pressure relieving foams cradle your shoulders and hips while supporting your spine for a great combination of comfort and support.
- You share your bed with someone. The iComfort's all-foam construction limits motion transfer by absorbing energy created by excess movement and keeping the bed's surface neutral. Both you and your partner will sleep undisturbed.
- You toss and turn in your sleep. If you're a restless sleeper in search of relief, the iComfort is an excellent choice. The memory foam layers cradle pressure related-areas to provide comfort, so you'll be encouraged to sleep soundly instead of moving to avoid pain.
Reasons to Avoid the Serta Walnut Creek mattress replacement, the Serta iComfort mattress
- You prefer a firm comfort level. The Serta iComfort is only available in a plush firmness level, which might be too soft if you prefer your mattress on the firmer side. Consider Saatva instead, which offers a variety of firmness levels with nearly every mattress they make.
The Serta iComfort is an ideal choice if you want a cooling, pressure relieving memory foam mattress at an affordable price. You can get the Serta iComfort for a great price, today!
Check out our Top 10 Mattress Picks of 2021, here!
Where can I find a great, affordable mattress (in 2021)?
If you're searching for a healthy, affordable mattress that's comfortable, relieves pressure, and has friendly policies; check out these 5 (in 2021):
- Saatva Mattress - fantastic for all sleep positions, and is rated our Best Mattress of 2021.
- Amerisleep - great for responsive pressure relief.
- Puffy - feels like you're sleeping on a cool cloud (at a good price).
- Ghostbed - beautiful, plush cover w/ aerated latex and healthy spinal alignment.
- Winkbeds - 3-stage back relief with free shipping and returns.
Read our short, well-researched 10 Best Mattresses of 2021, here. Our ultimate goal is to help you pick your perfect mattress online, today!