Mattress Ranch is a family-owned business selling a wide range of mattresses. Their beds are hand-crafted with high-quality materials and are affordably priced. With 14 locations throughout Alaska and Washington, visit a Mattress Ranch store, today!
Consider Mattress Ranch If...
- You're shopping on a budget. Mattress Ranch partners with a local independent mattress manufacturer in order to keep costs low. The savings are then passed onto you in the form of incredibly affordable beds.
- You need extra support. Mattress Ranch offers traditional innerspring and hybrid style beds. These typically withstand more weight than all-foam mattresses.
- You support products made in the USA. All Mattress Ranch mattresses are 100% American made from top to bottom. They're also crafted in a local factory near Seattle, WA.
Avoid Mattress Ranch If...
- You want to shop online. If you prefer a strictly online shopping experience, Mattress Ranch isn't for you. They sell their mattresses exclusively in-store at one of their 14 locations.
- You don't live in the Pacific Northwest. Mattress Ranch is a family-owned business operating storefronts in cities across Alaska and Washington. If you live outside this region, opt for alternatives.
Mattress Ranch understands that not everyone has the exact same sleep preferences. That's why they offer a wide range of mattresses with different comfort levels. Here's a quick look at their firmness range and which type of sleeper they're best for.
- Extra Firm. These beds are about a 9-10/10 on the firmness scale. They provide rigid support with solid construction. They're a great option for stomach and back sleepers who need extreme stability.
- Firm. These beds are about a 7-8/10 on the firmness scale. They feature a dense construction but with a slight give. They're great for stomach and back sleepers who want firm support with some slightly softer comfort.
- Medium. These beds are about a 5-6/10 on the firmness scale. This is a universally appealing comfort level for back, side, and combination sleepers.
- Plush. These beds are about a 3-4/10 on the firmness scale. They typically are constructed with multiple layers of cushioning, making these mattresses fairly thick. This soft feel is great for side sleepers who need pressure relief for their hips and shoulders.
- Ultra-Plush. The softest bed option, these mattresses are about a 1-2/10 on the firmness scale. It usually contains the softest materials available and is great for side sleepers and those who love to sink into their mattress rather than sleep on top.
Construction Key Points
- Mattress Ranch offers three different collections, each with several models. They range in height and style.
- Bonnell Coil: The traditional hourglass shaped coil tied to one another with a spiral wire and may be edged by a thicker border wire. These springs compress easily at first but get firmer as more pressure is applied. This supportive system is found in their Sound Sleep collection.
- Eco Flex: Ergonomically designed surface modified foam to maintain proper spinal alignment and reduce pressure points.
- Eco Pad: Chopped foam quilted into a thick layer. Only 100% new foams that originally were going make carpet pad or go to a landfill are used.
Support & Motion Isolation
All Mattress Ranch beds include a coil system in their construction. Of all the spring units, a model with a pocketed coil base is going to transfer the least amount of motion. These are found inside their Eclipse and Eastman House collections. Each spring is individually wrapped and moves independently from each other. So if you sleep with a very active partner, this is going to be the best choice Mattress Ranch offers.
As for edge support, all Mattress Ranch mattresses do an excellent job. The springs provides a sturdy base, but some models also include extra edge support in the form of additional coils or foam walls.
Returns & Warranty
Mattress Ranch offers a 90-day sleep trial on their mattresses. If you aren't completely happy with your new bed, return it for a full refund less any return shipping charges. Their mattresses are backed by a 10-year warranty. Warranties are provided through Lady Americana, their local independent manufacturer.
Why Buy Mattress Ranch?
- Their mattresses are priced lower than most national brands, while still using quality materials. Being a family-owned business, they're able to control their costs. They keep things simple so you can an enjoy a reliable mattress that won't hurt your budget.
- If you sleep with a partner, the Eastman House collection is going to be an excellent choice. It's two-coil system combined with memory foam provides excellent edge support and motion isolation—two things every couple tends to need from their mattress.
- Their materials are guaranteed to be of the highest quality, made entirely in the USA. From eco-friendly foams to tempered steel coils, every inch of the their mattresses are sourced and assembled in America.
Why Avoid Mattress Ranch?
- Their beds are available in a very specific region. They have physical locations in Washington and Alaska and no ability to order online.
Where can I find a great, affordable mattress (in 2023)?
If you're searching for an affordable mattress that offers a wide range of comfort and pressure relief, we've compiled a list of mattresses for you to consider:
- Saatva Mattress - fantastic for all sleep positions, and is rated our Best Mattress of 2023.
- Puffy - feels like you're sleeping on a cool cloud (at a good price).
- Ghostbed - beautiful, plush cover w/ aerated latex and healthy spinal alignment.
- Winkbeds - 3-stage back relief with free shipping and returns.
Read our short, well-researched 10 Best Mattresses of 2023, here. Our ultimate goal is to help you pick your perfect mattress online, today!