The Leesa Original mattress premiered in 2015 and is still one of the most popular bed-in-a-box models. The all-foam design provides superb pressure relief and sleeps cooler than traditional memory foam beds. It has a medium-firm feel suitable for back and side sleepers. With a 100-night sleep trial, you can try Leesa risk-free, today!
Consider Leesa If...
- You're a side sleeper. Side sleepers tend to put a majority of their weight on their shoulders and hips. The Leesa Original mattress's all-foam design allows those areas of the body to be cradled for great pressure relief.
- You want an all-foam mattress. The Leesa Original is constructed with three varying layers of premium foam for contouring support.
- You tend to sleep hot. Despite the all-foam design, it sleeps quite cool. It's built with a breathable cover and top foam layer, which sleeps cooler than standard memory foam.
Avoid Leesa If...
- You're a stomach sleeper. If you sleep predominately on your stomach, you're going to want a more supportive, firmer mattress.
- You're not a fan of the bed-in-a-box concept. Leesa ships all their mattresses rolled and compressed in a box; it expands once opened.
Leesa offers four mattress models—all with a medium-firm feel.
The Leesa Original mattress (Leesa's most popular model) ranks a 6.5/10 on the firmness scale. The top two foam layers are soft and responsive, while the base foam layer is incredibly firm.
These combine to create a perfect balance between soft and firm; a good neutral feel suitable for most sleeper types.
The other three Leesa mattresses also rank a 6.5/10 on the firmness scale.
Construction Key Points
- The Leesa Original mattress stands 10" tall.
- Cover: Made with twill fabric, the cover is soft and breathable.
- Top Layer: The top layer features a LSA200 foam, exclusive to Leesa. It's responsive, providing a bounce that makes moving around the mattress easy without that "stuck" feeling. It's also more breathable than most memory foams, allowing the mattress to stay cool.
- Middle Layer: This layer consists of memory foam, which provides that classic hugging feeling synonymous with this type of foam. It helps relieve pressure in your back, hips, and shoulders.
- Base Layer: This layer is made with standard polyfoam. It's extremely firm to provide durable support.
Support & Motion Isolation
If you sleep with a partner, the ideal bed ensures you won't disturb them if you move about. With the Leesa Original mattress, you won't have to worry as it absorbs motion pretty well. The all-foam design contains and prevents any movement from transferring throughout the bed.
However, while the foam layers do a great job at isolating motion, it lacks ample edge support. If you like to sit or sleep on the edge of your bed, you're not going to feel as secure as you would with a coil-based mattress.
Returns & Warranty
Leesa provides a 100-night sleep trial and a hassle-free return policy. If you don't love your Leesa mattress, simply contact customer support and they'll coordinate a mattress pickup from your home and give you a full refund.
All Leesa mattresses are backed by their 10-year limited warranty. Under this warranty, your bed is protected from any defects and Leesa either replaces or repairs your mattress.
Why Buy Leesa?
- You get that all-foam feeling without feeling "stuck." The top foam layer is incredibly responsive and provides a bounce that makes switching positions or moving around the bed easy.
- The Leesa Original mattress is a great choice for back and side sleepers. It's all-foam design provides great pressure relief for your back, hips, and shoulders.
- Despite its all-foam construction, it sleeps reasonably cool. The breathable cover and top foam layer allows body heat to dissipate, so you won't wake up hot and sweaty.
Why Avoid Leesa?
- If you want a firm or extra firm feel, Leesa isn't the right choice for you. All their mattress models have a medium-firm feel, around a 6.5/10 on the firmness scale.
- Individuals who need extra support from their mattress aren't going to feel as comfortable on the all-foam Leesa Original mattress. The Leesa Hybrid is a better option as it provides a sturdier coil base, good for extra weight.
Where can I find a great, affordable mattress (in 2021)?
If you're searching for an affordable mattress that offers a wide range of comfort and pressure relief, we've compiled a list of mattresses for you to consider:
- Saatva Mattress - fantastic for all sleep positions, and is rated our Best Mattress of 2021.
- Idle Sleep - great for responsive pressure relief.
- Puffy - feels like you're sleeping on a cool cloud (at a good price).
- Ghostbed - beautiful, plush cover w/ aerated latex and healthy spinal alignment.
- Winkbeds - 3-stage back relief with free shipping and returns.
Read our short, well-researched 10 Best Mattresses of 2021, here. Our ultimate goal is to help you pick your perfect mattress online, today!