Mattress company King Koil produces the Laura Ashley mattress collection. These mattresses combine Laura Ashley's trademark colorful patterns and aesthetically pleasing designs with King Koil's . These hybrid style mattresses are dual-sided and flippable. They last twice as long as traditional one-sided mattresses.
Consider Laura Ashley If...
- You're looking for a long-term investment. Each Laura Ashley mattress is double-sided and flippable. This unique feature extends the life of your mattress—twice as long as most other beds.
- You want the best of both worlds. All Laura Ashley mattresses are a hybrid style bed. They feature a layer of memory foam atop a set of pocketed coils. You get to enjoy the benefits of both materials, all in one mattress.
- You wanted targeted pressure relief. The majority of your weight lies in the center-third of the mattress. Each Laura Ashley mattress contains a memory foam layer with built in lumbar support. It reinforces this area of the bed so your body is properly supported to alleviate any sore points.
Avoid Laura Ashley If...
- You want a neutral feeling mattress. Laura Ashley mattresses come in extra firm, firm, and plush feels. It lacks a medium option. This can be problematic especially for back and combination sleepers.
- You want a mattress widely available. Laura Ashley mattresses are no longer available on the Laura Ashley website or King Koil (the manufacturer) website. They do still retail at a number of local furniture stores across the US, however, they are extremely hard to find.
While Laura Ashley models vary by store to store, there are three mattresses we were able to find for sale by a mattress retailer in Maine.
- Asprey Firm: This hybrid mattress has an extra-firm feel, ranking 9/10 on the firmness scale. This is great for stomach sleepers who prefer a firm surface to keep their spine properly aligned all night long.
- Chloe Firm: This hybrid mattress has a firm feel, ranking 7/10 on the firmness scale. This is great for stomach and back sleepers who want a firm supportive surface with a slight give for softer body contouring.
- Chloe Plush: This hybrid mattress has a plush feel, ranking 4/10 on the firmness scale. It's a great option for side sleepers who need extra soft support to cradle their shoulders and hips.
Construction Key Points
- Each Laura Ashley mattress varies in height.
- Each mattress also features a set of handles on each side for easy rotation. This is especially important given the mattress is flippable.
- Gel-infused memory foam: This has the classic, sinking-in feeling memory foam is known for. It contours around your body for pressure relief. It also has added lumbar support to keep your spine properly aligned all night long.
- Pocketed coils: The beds features up to 800 individually wrapped coils that provide lift and sturdy support.
Support & Motion Isolation
Memory foam is well-known to be one of the best materials at isolating motion. The Laura Ashley collection contains a thick layer of gel-infused memory foam to absorb movement. Motion doesn't transfer throughout the bed's surface. However, these are hybrid style beds, so you are likely to feel some bounce due to the coil base.
As for edge support, each mattress contains foam border walls around the coil base for added stability. If you like to sit or lie on the edge of the bed for extended periods of time, you won't experience any collapse as the perimeters are pretty secure.
Returns & Warranty
Each Laura Ashley mattress is backed by a 10-year warranty. As for returns, the policy differs from retailer to retailer.
Why Buy Laura Ashley?
- The Laura Ashley collection is a great option for couples. The sturdy coil base withstands weight extremely well, it's built with reinforced edge support, and it provides a decent amount of motion isolation.
- If you're looking for a mattress to last you a long time, Laura Ashley's flippable design extends the life of your mattress twice as long as traditional mattresses.
- If aesthetics are what you're after, the Laura Ashley collection features beautifully crafted patterns ranging from traditional and modern.
Why Avoid Laura Ashley?
- Unfortunately, Laura Ashley mattresses are no longer widely available. Finding them is fairly difficult. If you want an online-only shopping experience, you should opt for other brands.
- The Laura Ashley collection lacks a medium feeling mattress. This comfort level is suitable for nearly every type of sleeper, so it does limit the number of users these beds can appeal to.
Where can I find a great, affordable mattress (in 2021)?
If you're searching for an affordable mattress that offers a wide range of comfort and pressure relief, we've compiled a list of mattresses for you to consider:
- Saatva Mattress - fantastic for all sleep positions, and is rated our Best Mattress of 2021.
- Idle Sleep - great for responsive pressure relief.
- Puffy - feels like you're sleeping on a cool cloud (at a good price).
- Ghostbed - beautiful, plush cover w/ aerated latex and healthy spinal alignment.
- Winkbeds - 3-stage back relief with free shipping and returns.
Read our short, well-researched 10 Best Mattresses of 2021, here. Our ultimate goal is to help you pick your perfect mattress online, today!