Indigo offers mattresses that are completely customizable to fit your individual needs. Their comfort layers are flippable so you can change the feel of your mattress, even if that's soft one day and firm the next! Their low-cost comfort layer replacement option means your bed lasts longer than ever! It saves money and reduces landfill waste! Try an Indigo mattress for 50-nights risk-free, today!
Consider Indigo If...
- You sleep with a partner. Indigo's Queen, King, and Cal King mattresses come with a dual firmness option. This allows you and your partner to choose the firmness level on each side of your bed.
- You want a long-term investment. Indigo allows you to replace the comfort layers at a reduced cost. This means you'll never have to replace your entire mattress again! Not only does this save you money, but it also reduces mattress waste in landfills!
- You want multiple firmness options. With Indigo's "2 Bed Feel" technology, you can flip the comfort layers on your side of the bed to your preferred firmness. Whether you need a softer feel one month, or a firmer feel the next, you can interchange the layers to fit your comfort.
Avoid Indigo If...
- You aren't a fan of memory foam or latex. Indigo's comfort layers are made entirely of either memory foam, latex, or a combination of the two. If you don't enjoy the contouring nature of these materials, Indigo won't work for you.
- You need extra support. Coils tend to withstand much more weight than all-foam beds. Unfortunately, Indigo doesn't offer an innerspring model, so if you need the sturdy support of coils, opt for alternative brands.
One of the more unique selling points of an Indigo mattress is its "2 Bed Feel." You can choose between a firm, soft, or a mixed soft/firm comfort level. These comfort layers are flippable so you can switch between a softer or firmer feel whenever you desire.
- Stomach sleepers: If you sleep on your stomach, you're going to want a firmer feel so that your hips don't sink too far down into the mattress.
- Back sleepers: Back sleepers often need some cushion for pressure relief, but also a firm surface to keep the spine in alignment. With this in mind, if you sleep on your back, you're going to want to choose the mixed comfort level.
- Side sleepers: Side sleepers put a majority of their weight on their shoulders and hips. A plush feeling is going to work best for this sleeping position as it allows those areas of the body to sink into the mattress and be cradled. Side sleepers are going to fair well on the soft comfort level option.
Construction Key Points
- Each Indigo mattress is 10" thick.
- Cover: The cover is made of rayon and para-aramid fibers that remain temperature neutral. The cover is removable for easy cleaning.
- Comfort Layers: The Comfort Always® model has a layer of soft foam/medium gel memory foam (soft option), firm foam/firmer gel memory foam (firm option). The Attain® model also comes in a soft and firm option and is a combination of gel memory foam and all-natural latex. The Attain® Ultimate model's comfort layers are constructed with all-natural latex.
- Support Layer: Each model contains a 6" dense foam layer that creates a stable, sturdy base for the entire mattress.
Support & Motion Isolation
Memory foam is well-known to be one of the best materials at isolating motion. Indigo's Comfort Always® model does an excellent job at having little to no motion transfer due to its all memory foam comfort layer construction. The Attain® and Attain® Ultimate also do a very good job at reducing motion transfer. The latex component in these two, though, means you'll likely to feel some bounce.
As for edge support, the firm base foam layer does uphold fairly well for an all-foam mattress. While you can feel some collapse when sitting or lying on the edge for extended periods of time, you won't feel as if you're going to roll off.
Returns & Warranty
Indigo provides all customers with a 50-night sleep trial. If you aren't satisfied with your mattress, you may return or exchange it, however you can't initiate a return during the first 30 days of your trial (Indigo's required adjustment period).
The Indigo support layer is covered by a 10-year warranty, the comfort layer by a 5-year warranty, and mattress cover by a 2-year warranty.
Why Buy Indigo?
- If you want a mattress that's going to last you a lifetime, consider Indigo. Their comfort layer low-cost replacement option means you won't ever have to shop for another bed again—saving you money in the long-run.
- Couples with different sleeping preferences are going to love this brand. The dual-firmness feature on Queen sizes and up allow each partner to choose their preferred comfort level on their side of the bed.
- If you want versatility, Indigo's "2 Bed Feel" allows you to switch and flip the comfort layers as you wish. If you need a firmer feel one night, or a softer feel, you aren't stuck with the same mattress night after night.
Why Avoid Indigo?
- If you need the extra support of coils or just aren't a fan of memory foam and latex, Indigo isn't the right brand for you. Opt for a more traditional innerspring mattress.
Where can I find a great, affordable mattress (in 2021)?
If you're searching for an affordable mattress that offers a wide range of comfort and pressure relief, we've compiled a list of mattresses for you to consider:
- Saatva Mattress - fantastic for all sleep positions, and is rated our Best Mattress of 2021.
- Idle Sleep - great for responsive pressure relief.
- Puffy - feels like you're sleeping on a cool cloud (at a good price).
- Ghostbed - beautiful, plush cover w/ aerated latex and healthy spinal alignment.
- Winkbeds - 3-stage back relief with free shipping and returns.
Read our short, well-researched 10 Best Mattresses of 2021, here. Our ultimate goal is to help you pick your perfect mattress online, today!