Check out our Top 10 Mattress Picks of 2021, here!
Essentia has created the world's only natural memory foam. Derived from latex, it has the pressure relieving qualities of memory foam, but is much healthier for you and the planet. All Essentia mattresses are produced in their GOLS and GOTS certified organic factory in Canada. Try an Essentia mattress for 120 nights risk-free, today!
Consider Essentia If...
- You're an eco-conscious consumer. Essentia utilizes all-natural, organic certified materials that are good for you and the planet.
- You're a hot sleeper. Essentia mattresses contain latex and natural memory foam, which are naturally breathable and cool. Combine that with the moisture-wicking organic cotton cover and you can say goodbye to sweaty nights.
- You like options. There are eight different Essentia models to choose from—all with varying features and firmness levels.
Avoid Essentia If...
- You're on a budget. These mattresses use only natural, certified organic materials, including their unique natural memory foam. These high-quality ingredients combined with Essentia's strict eco-conscious manufacturing standards mean these mattresses come at a premium price—and justifiably so. If you're looking for a mattress under $1000, Essentia is out of this price range.
- You prefer a mattress with coils. All Essentia mattresses are made of varying layers of natural memory foam and natural hevea latex. If you prefer the firm support of coils, Essentia isn't the right brand for you.
- You like a thick mattress. All Essentia mattresses are 8" in height. There's an option to upgrade to 10", however this is going to set you back an additional $800. If you prefer a thicker mattress, 12" or higher, Essentia beds don't have this option.
Essentia offers eight mattresses across three categories—all with different firmness levels.
- Tatami: With a 1" natural memory foam layer it's a fairly firm mattress, ranking 7/10 on the firmness scale.
- Stratami: Essentia's only all-latex mattress, it has a medium-firm feel, ranking 6.5/10 on the firmness scale.
- Classic 8: With a 2" natural memory foam layer, it has a medium-firm feel, ranking 6.5/10 on the firmness scale.
- Energie Opus: With a 3" natural memory foam layer, it has a medium feel, ranking 5.5/10 on the firmness scale.
- Beausommet: Features a 2" molded natural foam layer atop a 1" comfort layer and 5" support core. It has a medium-firm feel, ranking 6/10 on the firmness scale.
- Dormeuse: Similar to the Beausommet it has a 2" comfort layer. It has a medium-soft feel, ranking 4.5/10 on the firmness scale.
- Dormeuse Fior: With 5" of natural memory foam, it has a plush feel. It ranks 4/10 on the firmness scale.
Construction Key Points
- All Essentia beds stand 8" tall. The Wholebody Collection models do have a 10" option for an additional price.
- Cover: Global Organic Textile Standard (GOTS) certified organic cotton cover features a full zip, making it easy to remove and wash.
- Natural Memory Foam: Patented as the world's only natural memory foam, it's a mix of hevea milk (sap from the rubber tree), organic essential oils, and natural plant extracts. It sleeps cooler and reacts faster than traditional memory foam.
- Natural Hevea Latex Support Foam: Dunlop Latex made from hevea milk (sap from rubber tree) is known for its durability, support qualities, and purity. It's used as a base for most of Essentia's mattresses.
Support & Motion Isolation
All Essentia mattresses perform incredibly well at isolating motion. The layers of natural memory foam and natural hevea latex absorb movement and prevent it from transferring through the entire mattress surface.
Edge support leaves something to be desired. The natural latex layers provide stability and spring back fairly quickly. However, they don't have the most secure feeling. If you like to sit or lie on the edge of your bed for extended periods of time, you'll likely feel some slight collapse.
Returns & Warranty
Essentia offers a 120-night sleep trial. If you're not happy with your mattress, you may return it for a refund or exchange. All Essentia mattresses are backed by a 20-year warranty.
Why Buy Essentia?
- If you sleep hot, Essentia offers mattresses that sleep 3° and up to 7° cooler than your core body temperature. The layers of naturally breathable latex pull heat away from your body and allow it to escape through the mattress. You sleep comfy and cool all night long.
- All Essentia mattresses are allergy friendly. They don't contain latex proteins that may trigger allergies, nor do they contain wool or fiber batting that may act as a nesting ground for dust mites.
- Essentia mattresses are not only good for you, but also the planet. Each and every Essentia mattress is manufactured in their Global Organic Latex Standard (GOLS) and GOTS certified organic factory. You can be sure your mattress never contains any harmful chemicals or toxins.
Why Avoid Essentia?
- These mattresses are made with high-quality certified organic materials for an overall luxurious feel. They do have a premium price tag, so if you're looking for a simple, value mattress, Essential isn't the right brand for you.
- If you need extra support in the form of coils or a thick mattress structure, opt for alternatives.
Where can I find a great, affordable mattress (in 2021)?
If you're searching for an affordable mattress that offers a wide range of comfort and pressure relief, we've compiled a list of mattresses for you to consider:
- Saatva Mattress - fantastic for all sleep positions, and is rated our Best Mattress of 2021.
- Idle Sleep - great for responsive pressure relief.
- Puffy - feels like you're sleeping on a cool cloud (at a good price).
- Ghostbed - beautiful, plush cover w/ aerated latex and healthy spinal alignment.
- Winkbeds - 3-stage back relief with free shipping and returns.
Read our short, well-researched 10 Best Mattresses of 2021, here. Our ultimate goal is to help you pick your perfect mattress online, today!