The Casper Element (formerly Casper Essential) is a basic, yet comfortable economy mattress. It's the most affordably priced mattress Casper has to offer, built with a simple two-layer foam design. Try the Casper Element for 100 nights risk-free, today!
Get Casper Element if...
- You're on a budget. The Casper Element is the most basic, yet most affordably priced mattress Casper offers. If you're looking for a budget-friendly option, this is it.
- You're shopping for your family. The Casper Element is a great choice for kids and teenagers (lightweight sleepers) who don't need a mattress with fancy specs.
- You want an all-foam mattress. The Casper Element combines two layers of foam for a supportive, responsive feel.
Skip Casper Element if...
- You need extra support from your mattress. The Casper Element is a simple, two-layer foam mattress. It doesn't hold up to excess weight as well as an innerspring or hybrid bed can.
- You sleep predominately on your side. The lack of extra comfort layers gives this bed a firmer feel. Side sleepers aren't going to get the cradling support a plusher mattress provides.
- You want a luxury mattress. If you're looking for a deluxe mattress with top-of-the-line features, the Casper Element isn't the right choice for you.
- Eco-friendly design, cover is made with up to 9 recycled bottles
- A great budget option
- Perforated, breathable foam prevents the mattress from getting too hot
- Lacks edge support
- Not suitable for every body type or sleeper position
The Casper Element is a rather firm mattress, ranking an 8/10 on the firmness scale. Heavier individuals (weighing over 230 pounds) may find this mattress to be even firmer as they push right through the top comfort layer, directly into the super firm support layer. However, this mattress is a great option for lightweight sleepers such as children and teens.
Construction Key Points
- The Casper Element stands 10" tall.
- Cover: Thin, breathable layer constructed with up to 9 recycled bottles.
- Comfort Layer: The first layer of the Casper Element mattress is their exclusive AirScape™ foam. It's perforated to allow heat to circulate out, allowing the mattress to breathe.
- Base Layer: This thick layer of polyfoam is extra firm to prevent sinking and sagging. It's durable and supports your whole body.
Support & Motion Isolation
Despite a lack of memory foam, the foams inside the Casper Element still do an incredible job at isolating motion. The top AirScape™ layer absorbs movement so it's not felt throughout the entire mattress surface.
As for edge support, it could be better. But, with it's all-foam design, it's not expected to have the sturdiest edges out there. If edge support is an important to you, opt for a bed with a coil base.
Reasons to Buy Casper Element
- The Casper Element is a great option for kids, teens, and guest rooms. The simple design provides firm, supportive comfort for lightweight sleepers.
- It's incredibly affordable. If you're on a budget and don't need a complex mattress, you can save big with the Casper Element.
- Don't worry about overheating while sleeping, this mattress (despite being all-foam) stays relatively cool thanks to its breathable and ventilated top layer.
Reasons to Avoid Casper Element
- If you need extra support, the all-foam Casper Element isn't a great choice. Opt for an innerspring or hybrid style bed instead.
- Side sleepers are going to find this mattress too firm for their liking. It doesn't give enough plush comfort, resulting in unwanted pressure on the shoulders and hips.
Casper Element is an ideal choice if you want simple, all-foam comfort at a great price. You can get 10% off Casper Element, today!
Check out our Top 10 Mattress Picks of 2022, here!