Since 2007, Cariloha has been using eco-friendly bamboo to create a wide range of bedding items. Their mattresses sleep cooler than traditional memory foam beds. They also have reinforced edge support, and are naturally hypoallergenic. Try a Cariloha mattress for 100-nights risk-free, today!
Consider Cariloha If...
- You love the feel of memory foam. Cariloha utilizes thick layers of slow-responsive memory foam in their mattresses. If you prefer to sink into the mattress rather than lay on top, Cariloha is a great option.
- You sleep hot. The base layer of foam features air flow channels, and the bamboo infused top layer makes this bed sleep cooler than traditional foam beds.
- You're an eco-conscious consumer. Cariloha uses bamboo in their mattresses. Bamboo grows pestide-free, self-regenerates when cut down, and keeps the air clean. It's a renewable resource that makes great bedding and is great for the planet!
Avoid Cariloha If...
- You need an extra soft or extra firm mattress. Cariloha makes two mattresses—one with a medium-firm feel, the other medium-soft. While these typically work for the majority of sleepers, if you need an ultra-plush or extra-firm mattress, you should consider alternatives.
- You're on a budget. Cariloha uses high-quality materials in their mattresses and charges a premium for them—justifiably so. But if you're looking to only spend $500 or less on a mattress, Cariloha is outside of this price range.
- You dislike memory foam. This mattress has that classic, hugging feeling of memory foam. If you prefer a more traditional feel, you should consider a mattress with a coil base.
Cariloha makes two mattress models with different firmness levels. Their Classic Bamboo Mattress has a medium-firm feel, ranking a 7/10 on the firmness scale. It's a great option for back and stomach sleepers who enjoy the slow-responsiveness of memory foam with a firmer base for targeted pressure relief. Their Resort Bamboo Mattress has a medium-soft feel, ranking a 5/10 on the firmness scale. It's a great option for back, side, and combination sleepers who prefer a plushier feel that cradles your hips and shoulders.
Construction Key Points
- The Classic Bamboo Mattress is 10" tall and the Resort Bamboo Mattress is 12" tall.
- Both models are constructed with varying layers of foam.
- Cover: Made with plush viscose from bamboo, it's soft and breathable.
- Top Layer: The first layer is made with their Bamboo Comfort™ memory foam. The bamboo charcoal memory foam is naturally breathable and hypoallergenic. It slowly responds to your body for contouring support.
- Second Layer: A layer of luxury memory foam adapts to your body's shape, effectively alleviating pressure points.
- Third Layer: Advanced side-wedge support stabilizes each side of the mattress for great edge-support.
- Base Layer: Flex-Flow™ Dual-Density base foam improves airflow between you and the mattress. It works to keep you 3° cooler than traditional foam beds, while simultaneously stabilizing the entire mattress' structure.
Support & Motion Isolation
Memory foam is well-known for its motion isolating capabilities, so it's no surprise that both Cariloha models perform incredibly well here. The premium memory foam layers absorb movements and prevent them from transferring throughout the entire bed's surface.
As for edge support, these mattresses do a great job. Despite the all-foam construction, Cariloha includes a special side-wedge system that allows you to comfortably use the entire mattress surface.
These two things make Cariloha a great choice for couples.
Returns & Warranty
Cariloha provides a 100-night risk-free trial on their mattresses. You must sleep on the mattress for a minimum of 30 days (their adjustment period) before initiating a return. You can start the return process by calling, emailing, or submitting the return form directly on the Cariloha website. Cariloha then coordinates a time and date to pick up your mattress.
All Cariloha mattresses are backed by a 10-year warranty, pretty standard among other online mattress companies.
Why Buy Cariloha?
- If sustainability is important to you, then Cariloha is a great fit for your lifestyle. They use bamboo in their mattresses, which is a naturally self-renewing material. It's grown without any harsh chemicals and is great for the environment.
- Say goodbye to sweaty nights. Cariloha mattresses are naturally breathable and moisture wicking. The all-foam construction is built to sleep 3° cooler than other foam beds.
- The thick layers of memory foam combined with advanced side-wedge support makes Cariloha a great option for couples. Their mattresses virtually have little to no motion transfer and the enhanced edge support means you can use the entire mattress surface without worry of feeling as if you're going to slide off the sides.
Why Avoid Cariloha?
- If you prefer to sleep on top of the mattress rather than in it, Cariloha won't work for you. They use slow-responding memory foam so you sink into the mattress for a whole-body hugging feel.
- If you're looking to spend $500 or less on a mattress, Cariloha is outside of this price range.
Cariloha is a great choice for breathable, eco-friendly all-foam mattresses that sleep exceptionally cool. Their mattresses are also surprisingly comfortable. You can get 10% off Cariloha, today!
Check out our Top 10 Mattress Picks of 2021, here!