The Amerisleep AS2 (formerly called Amerisleep Revere) is a mattress designed with back sleepers in mind. Its medium-firm feel provides targeted pressure relief, especially for back pain. It also promotes healthy spinal alignment. It uses eco-friendly, heat-wicking materials to keep you sleeping cool and comfortable. Try the AS2 risk-free with Amerisleep's 100-night trial, today!
Get Amerisleep AS2 (Revere) if...
- You need targeted back support. The AS2 is designed with back sleepers in mind. The AS2's Hive® transition layer is zoned in 5 areas to provide firmer support for your head, back and legs, and softer support for your shoulders and hips, so you stay aligned all night long.
- You sleep hot. Plant-based Bio-Pur® material layer features an open-cell design that allows more air to circulate than traditional foam beds.
- You want an all-foam mattress. The AS2 is constructed with three layers of dense foam that cradle and adapt to your body.
Skip Amerisleep AS2 (Revere) if...
- You sleep predominately on your side. This mattress is built with a medium-firm feel, suitable for back and stomach sleepers. If you sleep on your side, you may find it a little too hard on your shoulders and hips. You should check out the AS4 model instead.
- You like the traditional feel of innersprings. The AS2 is an all-foam mattress, but if you want the extra support and lift of coils, try the AS2 Hybrid model.
- You aren't a fan of the mattress-in-a-box concept. Amerisleep ships their mattress rolled and compressed in a box; it expands once opened.
- Backed by a 20-year warranty
- Eco-friendly. They use plant-based and eco-friendly materials certified by CertiPUR-US®.
- Made in the USA. Amerisleep mattresses are proudly made in America.
- A bit pricey, definitely an investment
The AS2 is designed with a medium-firm feel, ranking 6.5/10 on the firmness scale. It's great for back sleepers who require targeted pressure relief, but also some soft give to contour around the body's shape.
Construction Key Points
- The AS2 is 12" tall.
- Cover. Ultra-breathable, it's made from a blend of Celliant fabric, spandex, and polyester that feels soft and stretchy to the touch. It helps your body recover by retaining body heat and converting it into infrared energy, which then gets transmitted back to your body to help alleviate sore muscles and improve circulation.
- Top Layer. Plant-based Bio-Pur® material keeps you cool all night. It features an open-cell design that allows more air to escape than traditional foam. It also contours to your body to relieve pressure points and bounces back fast, so you won't feel stuck.
- Transition Layer. Hive® layer provides targeted support and pressure relief so you can sleep in perfect alignment. It gives your head, back, and legs more support and your shoulders and hips more cushion.
- Base Layer. Bio-Core® base layer gives you durable support that lasts for decades. It won't sag or develop soft spots over time.
Support & Motion Isolation
Because of the all-foam design, the AS2 does an excellent job at eliminating motion transfer. The thick layers absorb motion incredibly well, especially important if you sleep with a very active sleep partner.
As for edge support, it's decent but not great. Foam mattresses aren't known for having the best edge support. While it does compress if you sit or lie near the edge of the bed, you won't feel like you're going to fall off.
Reasons to Buy Amerisleep AS2 (Revere)
- If you have frequent lower back pain, this mattress is the perfect match for you. Its medium-firm feel combined with zoned support allows your spine to be perfectly aligned all night, alleviating any soreness.
- This is an excellent choice if you want to sleep cool. The Bio-Pur® material's open design creates multiple air channels that continually allow air to flow in, and heat to flow out, so you don't sleep hot.
- If you sleep with a partner, this mattress does a great job at isolating motion. You won't disturb their sleep with your movements and they (finally) won't disturb you!
Reasons to Avoid Amerisleep AS2 (Revere)
- If you're on a budget, looking to spend $500 or less, the Amerisleep AS2 is outside of this price range.
- If you're a side sleeper, you're going to find this mattress a little too firm for your needs. Opt for one of Amerisleep's plushier models.
Amerisleep AS2 is an ideal choice if you want a firm yet supportive mattress designed specifically for back sleepers. You can get 30% off Amerisleep AS2, today!
Where can I find a great, affordable mattress (in 2020)?
If you're searching for an affordable mattress that offers a wide range of comfort and pressure relief, we've compiled a list of mattresses for you to consider:
- Saatva Mattress - fantastic for all sleep positions, and is rated our Best Mattress of 2020.
- Idle Sleep - great for responsive pressure relief.
- Puffy - feels like you're sleeping on a cool cloud (at a good price).
- Ghostbed - beautiful, plush cover w/ aerated latex and healthy spinal alignment.
- Winkbeds - 3-stage back relief with free shipping and returns.
Read our short, well-researched 10 Best Mattresses of 2020, here. Our ultimate goal is to help you pick your perfect mattress online, today!