The Amerisleep AS1 (formerly called Amerisleep Americana) is the firmest mattress option Amerisleep offers. It's designed with back and stomach sleepers in mind. It provides a firm base that allows your spine to stay in alignment. It uses eco-friendly, heat-wicking materials to keep you sleeping cool and comfy. Try the AS1 for 100-nights risk-free, today!
Get Amerisleep AS1 if...
- You're a stomach or back sleeper. The Amerisleep AS1 is their firmest mattress option. The thick layer of high-density polyfoam provides firm support which prevents your hips from sinking too far into the mattress. This keeps your spine aligned so you can sleep comfortably on your back and stomach.
- You sleep hot. Amerisleep's Bio-Pur® material layer features an open-cell design that allows more air to circulate than traditional foam beds.
- You want an all-foam mattress. The AS1 is designed with two layers of foam—memory foam on top to contour to your body, and dense polyfoam at the base for support and stability.
Skip Amerisleep AS1 if...
- You're a side sleeper. The AS1 has a firm feel that side sleepers might find unsupportive. Instead, you should consider one of Amerisleep's softer models.
- You prefer the feel of springs. The AS1 is an all-foam bed. If you prefer the lift and support of coils, opt for one of Amerisleep's hybrid style mattresses.
- You're on a budget. If you're on a particularly tight budget and looking to spend less than $500, the AS1 falls outside of this range.
- Eco-friendly. They use plant-based and eco-friendly materials certified by CertiPUR-US®.
- Amerisleep mattresses are proudly made in America.
- Compatible with any bed frame (can even be placed on the floor!)
- A bit pricey, definitely an investment
Amerisleep AS4 has a firm feel, ranking 8/10 on the firmness scale. This mattress works best for stomach and back sleepers who want firm comfort with support to keep their spine properly aligned all night long.
Construction Key Points
- The AS1 has a height of 10".
- Cover: Made of a blend of polyester, spandex, and celliant. This stretchy material is ultra-breathable and soft so you sleep comfortably throughout the night.
- Comfort Layer: 2" of memory foam provides slight contouring for pressure relief. It's also made with Amerisleep's Bio-Pur® open-cell design that keeps your cooler than traditional foam.
- Base Layer: 8" of high-density poly foam has an extra firm feel that supports the mattress and your bodyweight.
Support & Motion Isolation
Because of the all-foam design, the AS1 does an excellent job at eliminating motion transfer. The thick base layer absorbs motion incredibly well; especially important if you sleep with a very active sleep partner.
As for edge support, it's decent but not great. Foam mattresses aren't known for having the best edge support, so it was to be expected. While it does compress if you sit or lie near the edge of the bed, you won't feel as if you're going to fall off.
Reasons to Buy Amerisleep AS1
- This is an excellent choice if you want to sleep cool. The plant-based Bio-Pur® material's open design creates multiple air channels that continually allow air to flow in, and heat to flow out, so you don't sleep hot.
- You get that memory foam feel without getting stuck. The 2" of soft foam on top responds very quickly, making it easy to move around on the mattress.
- This mattress does a great job at isolating motion. If you sleep with a partner, you won't disturb their sleep with your movements and vice versa.
Reasons to Avoid Amerisleep AS1
- If you're a side sleeper, you're going to find this mattress way too firm for your needs. Opt for one of Amerisleep's softer models.
- If you're on a budget, looking to spend $500 or less, the Amerisleep AS1 is outside of this price range.
Amerisleep AS1 is an ideal choice if you want a firm, supportive mattress designed specifically for back and stomach sleepers. You can get 30% off Amerisleep AS1, today!
Where can I find a great, affordable mattress (in 2020)?
If you're searching for an affordable mattress that offers a wide range of comfort and pressure relief, we've compiled a list of mattresses for you to consider:
- Saatva Mattress - fantastic for all sleep positions, and is rated our Best Mattress of 2020.
- Idle Sleep - great for responsive pressure relief.
- Puffy - feels like you're sleeping on a cool cloud (at a good price).
- Ghostbed - beautiful, plush cover w/ aerated latex and healthy spinal alignment.
- Winkbeds - 3-stage back relief with free shipping and returns.
Read our short, well-researched 10 Best Mattresses of 2020, here. Our ultimate goal is to help you pick your perfect mattress online, today!